Sunday, April 30, 2006

Happy Birthday!

Antti turned 27 yesterday. We had so much fun! I planned a surprise retreat for us at a hotel called Little America. It's one of the more romantic hotels in Salt Lake. It was a bit expensive, but I figured it was worth it because when my birthday and our anniverary rolls around, we won't have the opportunity to go anywhere. The baby will be about 1 month old then. The hotel room was gorgeous! We had a 600 sq. ft. room and an oval tub. To bad we couldn't have stayed longer!

I remember how hard it was when Antti and I went to Helsinki for our one year anniversary. Eila was only 3 months old, I got a breast infection because my milk got to full. I had a fever the whole night and couldn't eat until morning. We did have fun though.

We also went to dinner and rented a movie from the hotel. We saw a funny show called "The Ringer", it's about a guy who hires an old co-worker to mow his lawn, when one day while mowing the guy sliced off 3 of his fingers. The guy who hired him didn't have insurance so he had to figure out a way to pay for surgery. His Uncle talked him into fixing the special olympics so that he could win on a bet. It was cute and very funny.

On Saturday we had family over for cake. I got Antti an ice cream cake with a finnish flag on top. I had the baker write Paljon Onnea Antti! I was impressed that she was up for it. He liked the cake and thought it was very sweet. My Grandma gave him 2 short sleeved church shirts and 2 ties. My Mom and Dad gave him a head razor so that I can cut his hair. My brother and his fiance got him a shirt and a sunglass necklace. I planned the weekend but he's still getting either sunglasses or a shooting pass from me.

No comments: