Sunday, February 28, 2010

We're here!

I don't want to be in an airplane for at least 10 years :)

Our flight to NY was cancelled due to wind and snow so they routed us to Paris instead. We had to wait in Salt Lake for 6 hours before the plane took off. The girls behaved pretty well but they were restless by the time the plane was ready. Eila did very well considering the 9 1/2 hours we flew to Paris. Liana feel asleep before take off and slept for about 6 1/2 hours. She woke up for food and colored a bit. Andrea fought sleeping for the first 3 hours and eventually dozed off. Antti and I stayed awake most the time and read a book. Overall we got through it okay.

We miss Utah. On our way to Antti's parents house we were in seperate cars. He went with one brother and I went with the other. We both afterwards said how we felt anxious and wanted to go back. It's funny when you are sure about something you can still be scared. I think we are doing better. Once we feel a bit established I think it will get better.

Finland is beautiful and full of white snow. The air is clean and fresh and feels great. The girs have already played in the snow a bit and are going next week to sled and ride a pony! They are very excited. We miss our family in Utah and have already spoke on webcam today. It was nice to see them.

3 comments:

Annette said...

I can't believe you guys are already there. BTW I love the picture of your 3 girls! You'll have to post some pictures of them playing in the snow.

Annakaisa said...

Good that you got there safely. Keep posting, because I surely will read it! I'm excited to see how your new life will start.

Patomo Perhe said...

I know Annette! I wish I could have had another chance to see you and your cute family. I will be getting a new camera eventually that will have software to upload pictures. We usually went to walmart and made a CD from the Scard. Thanks Annakaisa for checking up on the blog.