Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Finland and the fears




We are about to embark on a new journey. Many of you already know that we are moving to Finland at the end of February. There are many mixed feelings about leaving but mostly we are joyful. We look at this change as an opportunity to start over again and make our life better. We want to stay positive and not get down about the "what ifs" in our future.

I will miss my Mom. She is a great influence in my life as well as in my daughters life. She loves them so much and it is very hard knowing that they will be seperated. I hope that Mom can travel to Finland often considering we will not be able to visit the U.S. very much. My Dad is okay with our leaving and understands what we are doing. That helps me to feel like I can say, "see you later" rather than goodbye.

I don't like goodbyes. I don't like them AT ALL. I avoid goodbyes at all costs. I seem cold and distant when I say goodbye (or so I think). We are not emotional people in my family. My Dad's side is more emotional and that is a refreshing change when they come around. I just don't like that feeling of not seeing someone again. I already choke up when I think about missing out on something. That is why I am going to start writing out my thoughts. So if you don't think I will miss you.... I assure you, I will.

I have always wanted to get closer to my aunts, uncles and cousins but with different lives and busy schedules it's been hard. I feel close to them even though we don't spend much time together. I truly am a very deep loving person. I think that's why I struggle with emotion. I don't want to look like a lunatic when I see someone... I am very loving with my girls and my husband. I could be more so. But I do think I try.

I will keep up with posting my thoughts and our family adventures. Please check back often. I want to stay in touch.

3 comments:

Tasha said...

I am sad that we haven't really had the chance to get together while you guys have been here! Hopefully we can get together before you leave and someday I hope we can come to Finland!

The Royal Family said...

Amber although its been a long time since we were tight, we have great memories and you were really important in my life at that time and I will never forget that. I am happy for you but sad you'll be so far away, I can't imagine, but you know what's best and things happen for a reason. so Chin up and you better get better and stay better at blogging. I wish our little girls can meet someday!

Brandy

Annakaisa said...

Really neat post. I loved reading it. I can honestly say, I know EXACTLY what you are going through. Our eyes are opened because of these two-cultural lives. Yet, our hearts are always little broken, because we can't "have it all"; All the loved ones in one place, and the good things from both worlds.
But I'm sure you will love living in Finland! Maybe we'll follow you guys someday. :)