Monday, October 13, 2008

I know, I know.... I've been slacking!

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures at the moment. I keep forgetting to take our disk over to Wal Mart to make a Photo CD. My computer won't allow me to download pictures from my camera anymore for some reason so Wal Mart is my only option. It is my goal to head over there tonight without any children and then upload some photos.

Just a little recap on what has been going on... I am now 5 months pregnant and will soon find out if we are having a boy or a girl. I am very scared because I am not looking forward to hearing "it's a girl!". I know I will get over it but this will probably be our last baby and that will mean 3 girls and no boys. Antti will have a harder time in the long run because he wants a boy to do manly stuff with him.

For labor day our family went to Cortez Colorado and Moab. We visited the arches national monument and Mesa Verde indian ruins. It was a long 6 hour drive to Cortez but I have to say it was worth the trip. We had a great time looking at such neat creations. To think that indians climbed hundreds of feet to make a home in an opening of a mountain. It was unreal. The arches national monument in breathtaking. Most often you were an ant compared to the size of the arches and figures. Our kids enjoyed the scenery and climbing the rocks.

Hannu our brother in law is coming for Christmas this year. We are so excited to see him. He has never seen our home here. He will stay for 2 weeks and also into new years. Our plans are to take him snowboarding and to the temple. What else should we do?

Eila and Liana are growing like weeds. Liana is starting to potty train right now which is great!!! I hope it turns out a positive experience. Eila is doing at home pre-school this year. I would like to watch her progress before kindergarten and so far she is doing well.

I am studying knitting and advanced crocheting to develop my skill. So far I can do a single, double and triple stitch and a couple fancy designs. Knitting is a little harder for me. I am hoping to get some help from others. A lady in my ward started me on knitting and I felt so silly because for some reason my hands couldn't hold the needles right. Hopefully soon!

Antti is still studying Krav Maga. He is loving it. I think he has an advancement day in a couple weeks. He is hoping to move up a level. He is starting to come home with less cuts and bruises! Which is nice for me! One time he got a black eye!

Our family will be spending christmas without the extended family this year due to some family differences. Many of them are great people but often turn Christmas into a drinking party. I would rather my kids be away from that this year. It was a hard choice to do that but we are all about changes right now.

I have been waiting to send a package to a friend and some family in Finland but everytime I think it will get out to the mailman it never does. So some have expected a gift... Sorry to you guys! It's coming I promise.

That's about it... Pictures soon will follow.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

Do you have a canon camera? My camera won't let me upload my pictures either and neither will my friend's and we both have canons......Let me know.

Thanks,
Tasha